NAM expands long-term maintenance contract

/, Repair Services, Uncategorized/NAM expands long-term maintenance contract

The Dutch Petroleum Company (NAM) has expended its contract with SPIT for the maintenance of electrical drive systems at all its production sites in the Netherlands. The expension of the contract is mainly focused on preventive maintenance aspects like vibration monitoring.

The collaboration concerns an integrated service contract and covers all technical maintenance work to be carried out on static and rotating electrical equipment. NAM and SPIT have been working together intensively since 2009. SPIT sees the extension of the contract with the NAM as an appreciation for her performance in the past. “The long-term partnership with the NAM has given us the opportunity to make progress in the area of ​​safety, leadership and continuous improvement in the performance of the NAM installations. This leads to sustainable success,” says Mark Ent, Director of SPIT electrical mechanics.

Efficient process

The work carried out at about 160 land based assets of the NAM, concerns the troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and annual major maintenance of static and rotating electrical equipment. Through this multi-year maintenance contract, operated as efficiently as possible, the time that the plant is not in operation will be limited to an absolute minimum.

According to NAM, SPIT distinguished themselves through their proactive and customer-oriented attitude, as well as through their excellent digitally structured and transparent workflow. NAM will not only have the opportunity to get more and better information, but also to the opportunity to benchmark all production sites against the average industry standard. NAM has online access to all their assets via the web based customer portal of SPIT.

About NAM

Founded in 1947, NAM is the leading natural gas producer in the Netherlands, with annual production in 2012 of 59.6 billion m³, accounting for 75% of total Dutch demand for natural gas. NAM employs over 1,700 staff and are expanding. The Groningen field accounts for roughly 70% of the gas production. The remaining 30% of our production comes from various smaller fields elsewhere on the Dutch mainland and in the North Sea. NAM also continues to produce oil, in 2012 some 435.000 m³. NAM accounts for one fifth of the oil produced in the Netherlands.

By | 2017-10-31T10:48:51+00:00 1 January 2014|Categories: Maintenance, Repair Services, Uncategorized|Tags: , , |0 Comments